5.05.2012

Weekend Love









It's going to be a wild and crazy for the month of May and June. Kiddos got sick again. One caught a fever and the other is teething. My sister warns me that this is only the beginning. When my children will start school...more germs to worry about. Bleh! Anyway, my parents volunteered to babysit an entire day with my boys. My mom called me at 5:00 am just to tell me that they were going to do their morning walk before dropping the kids off. I told her, "Mooom, it's five (freaking) o'clock in the morning. Call me later." I guess she was too excited. LOL. Gotta love Mom! Plus, my parents gave me a bunch of kale from their garden (yum). And a box full of Ataulfo mangoes for me to use for my smoothies. Let me tell you when the fruit turns golden yellow and ripe...they are the most sweetest and juiciest mangoes in the world! You can find these kinds of mangoes in Chinatown or at your local Asian Supermarket.

If you haven't seen my instagram post of the recipe, here's how I make the juicy blends below. Kale was added to the mix. I call this one: Mango Tango Smoothie.

- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangoes (peeled and diced)
- Handful of spinach (rinsed well and drain throughly)
- 3 pieces of kale (rinse well and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 Ice

Place the mangos, spinach, kale, apple juice, water and ice into a blender. Cover, "crush ice" and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses to serve.

Have a great Cinco De Mayo Weekend!

♥ Marivic


P.S. My three-year old son got a new hair style! He calls it a "ballon fish" haircut. ;-)

{ Thanks for reading! Shop on Etsy | Inkd | Follow on Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest  }
image credit: Marivic Ulep

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and fabulous ideas below:

Latest Instagrams

© define1lady. Design by FCD.