10.08.2015

Mix n Chic Style Interior Design Challenge


Would it be fun to do a room makeover and add beautiful, modern-vintage treasures to a space? I would love to do one on my living room. Right now, the space is basically a playroom for my kids. It’s filled with toy storage bins that my children hardly even play with or perhaps have outgrown some of their favorite toys. I think its time to donate old toys, clear the clutter and transform the room into a functional yet fun space for my family to enjoy so I’m up for a Mix n Chic Style Challenge with Chairish!

Have you ever heard of Chairish? It’s a online marketplace where you can buy and sell vintage furniture and unique decor. I’ve been browsing through stylish pieces and adore these items below for my Mix n Chic Style inspiration board. I love to mix modern with vintage pieces adding a pop of color, bold patterns and a touch of bohemian-chic style. What do you guys think?




I really love how it all ties in together. The beautiful painting by Victor Papkov called "Sunset, San Francisco" was an inspiration when I fell in love with the city of San Francisco a few months ago on a family vacation. That is where I would love to retire with my boys...yup...someday. And the vintage wheeled trunk is perfect to store a couple favorite toys and family games. What are your favorite items in Chairish? Check out the links below:

1. Limburg Circular Glass and Chrome Pendant
2. "Sunset, San Francisco" painting by Victor Papkov, 1989
3. Cream Serape - Multi-Colored Stripe Throw Blanket
4. Vintage French Settee with New Linen Upholstery
5. Large Graphite on Beige Silk Ikat Pillow
6. Glam Gold Sun Burst Mirror
7. Black Herman Miller Chairs - Set of Two
8. Pottery Barn Yellow Velvet Down Pillows - Set of Two
9. Vintage Red Baluchi Persian Rug
10. Wrought Iron Glass Top Coffee Table
11. Vintage Style Sky Blue Wheeled Trunk
12. Moroccan Leather Bronze Pouf
13. l'Objet Cinnabar Candle
14. Large Teak Carved Tray

A few design tips on styling your home is have fun decorating without any rules. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles to your space. Add a pop of color or bold patterns. Bring in natural elements like wonderful scents in candles or plant succulent around your room. It’s all about adding life and making it comfy, stress-free and more inviting. So have fun and happy decorating!

♥ Marivic

P.S. Someday, I'll have the lovely couple, Chip and Joanna, from Fixer Upper come over to my house and do a major makeover. I love their show!

{ Thanks for reading! Shop on Etsy | Follow on Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Instagram}
image credit: Chairish

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and fabulous ideas below:

Latest Instagrams

© define1lady. Design by FCD.